With billions of users worldwide, Microsoft Office is the most widely used productivity suite on the planet. And for a good reason—it’s feature-rich, reliable, and easy to use. While many of us are content to stick with the version of Office that came pre-installed on our computer, Microsoft does release new versions of its productivity suite every few years, adding new features and functionality with each release. Office Professional Plus For Mac is the best version of Office available, and it’s the version you should be using if you’re planning to work on Mac-based projects
The latest version of Office for Mac—Office 2021—was released in August 2022. In this guide, we’ll take a look at some of the new features in Office 2021 and show you how to get the most out of them. So, whether you’re a long-time Office user or just getting started, read on to find out everything you need to know about Office 2021 for Mac!
What’s New In Office 2021 For Mac:
Here are some prominent new features in Office 2021 for Mac:
- Another new feature in Office 2021 is Flow, which is a visual editing tool for creating and collaborating on presentations and documents. With Flow, you can easily rearrange slides, add graphics and videos, and more. Plus, with the ability to export presentations as PDFs or Videos for sharing with others, Flow makes creating and presenting content a breeze.
- The refreshed interface is one of the first things you’ll notice when you open up a new document in Word 2021. Microsoft has ditched the ribbon interface that was introduced in Office 2007 in favor of a more streamlined design that puts your content front and center. This updated interface extends to the suite’s other apps, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Another notable change in Office 2021 is the addition of dark mode support. This long-awaited feature lets you enable a dark theme for all your Office apps, making it easier for your eyes when working in low-light conditions. Dark mode can also help reduce screen glare and eye fatigue.
- Office 2021 for Mac finally brings support for Apple Silicon, which means that it will be able to take advantage of the full power of M1 MacBooks. The new version also includes updated versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Perhaps most importantly, Microsoft is promising that this will be a one-time purchase with no subscription required. Here’s what you need to know about Office 2021 for Mac.
- Office 2021 is mostly compatible with documents created in previous versions of Office for Mac; however, there may be some formatting issues when opening older documents in the new Word, Excel, and PowerPoint versions. For the best compatibility, Microsoft recommends that you save your documents in the Open XML format (.docx, .pptx, etc.). Office also uses this format for Windows and other programs like LibreOffice, so it’s a good idea to use it even if you don’t plan on upgrading to Office 2021 right away. That way, you can be sure that your documents will still be accessible even if you switch computers or operating systems in the future.
Whether you’re upgrading from an older version of Office or just getting started with the suite, there’s a lot to like about Office 2021 for Mac. The refreshed interface makes it easier than ever to create beautiful documents, and dark mode support helps reduce eye strain when working for long periods of time.