It is possible to experience steam cloud error while playing on it due to any minor server-related issue. If the cloud synchronization feature on your device is not disabled, then you also experience cloud error on Steam.
However, there’s nothing to worry about as you can always fix this problem by retrying sync for the game showing an error or restarting the Steam app.
Steam is one of the best applications for gamers giving them access to over thousands of titles to play. If you are facing cloud error while playing with Steam, you can try these five working solutions shared here.
Why Does The Steam Cloud Error Occur?
Steam cloud syncing is an inevitable feature introduced by the Steam application. If you have not enabled this feature on your system, you have to face this problem at some point. It is possible to experience Steam cloud error for several reasons, including:
- Cloud synchronization issue in your device
- Server-related problem on Steam
- The Cloud synchronization feature is disabled on your device
You might also experience this error on Mac OS if you use an older version according to the installation date. Unfortunately, steam cloud error has become a common problem for steam users across the globe.
However, a few fixes can help you troubleshoot this error and have an uninterrupted gaming experience.
How To Fix Steam Cloud Error?
It gets frustrating to face errors suddenly in the middle of a game. But, now you longer have to compromise with your gaming experience with these five best solutions to fix Steam cloud errors.
1. Restart Steam App
Firstly, you should try to restart the Steam application to fix the Steam cloud error. Generally, this cloud error is caused by some minor bugs or setbacks in the Steam app.
Therefore, restarting the Steam application will help you fix this error and get you back on track with your favorite games. To restart the Steam application on your computer, follow these steps:
- On your desktop, open the Task Manager using the “Ctrl + Q” or Ctrl + Shift + Esc” key combination and then click on Applications.
- Now look for the Steam application and right-click it to select “End Process.”
- A pop-up message would confirm that the application has been successfully terminated.
- Click on OK on that message box.
Now you can then restart your computer again. There are high chances that the cloud error on your device will be long gone.
2. Enable Cloud Synchronization Feature On Steam
If you are experiencing this problem for the first time on your device, enabling the Cloud synchronization option is recommended.
This feature is disabled by default and might activate automatically when you start the game for the first time. However, it is pretty easy to enable the cloud synchronization feature on Steam, and here’s how to do it:
- First, click on the ” Steam ” button at your device screen’s top left corner.
- Click on “Settings” to open options associated with the settings of the Steam application.
- Now click on the “Account” tab present in the settings section.
- Next, you have to click on the “Cloud” tab appearing on the screen.
- Under Account settings, you need to click on this feature’s “Enable” button.
- You will see a pop-up message saying that this option is enabled. Click on the “OK” button to proceed.
The next you start the Steam application, it will automatically sync your game progress. According to your selection, game data such as game progress, friends list, unlocked achievements, and other details are saved on cloud servers and made available across all devices connected with Steam.
Read Also: HOW TO MAKE SPOILERS IN DISCORD
3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
If you are using an older version of the game on your device, it might be possible that the game is not running with updated data, or maybe corrupted files are causing this problem.
To fix this error, you need to download the latest version of the game on your device and then check the integrity of the files. To verify the integrity of game files, follow these steps:
- On the Steam application screen, click on the “Steam” button in the top left corner.
- On the Settings tab, click on the “Verify integrity of game cache” option in the Local Files section.
- Steam will download the game files and displays a progress screen.
- Once the process is completed, you need to restart your device.
The next time you start Steam, it will automatically download all those files again from cloud servers and then start installing them on your device. You might have to wait for a few minutes or so for it to complete this process and fix your problem completely.
4. Disable Antivirus On Your System
If you are experiencing this error due to a virus or malware attack on your system, you need to uninstall antivirus apps and firewall settings.
Using any antivirus apps and firewall software might cause issues with cloud synchronization on Steam. You can also consider restarting your system for a few minutes to fix this error.
5. Restart Your Device
If you have tried all the methods mentioned above and are still facing problems with steam cloud syncing, you should restart your device for a few minutes.
You can try turning off your device’s Wi-Fi and/or cellular data connections for some time to get things back in order. Restarting your device helps clear memory-related issues and restores your device in working order.
Repeating these steps on your device can restart any of these steps again whenever you feel the need. Follow instructions carefully to get back on track with your favorite steam game. If you have chosen any other method and found this article helpful, then do share with us in the comments section below!
Pro Tip To Solve Steam Cloud Error
One of the easiest and fastest solutions to this error is reinstalling Steam on your device. Reinstalling will help to perfectly set up Steam on your system and avoid facing errors with cloud synchronization. Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to reinstall Steam on your desktop:
- Open “Control Panel” on your computer and click the “Programs and Features” option.
- Now select the Steam application to uninstall it from your system.
- Follow instructions to remove the program from your device and restart the computer.
- Now download and install the latest Steam version on your desktop from the official website of Steam.
After reinstalling the Steam app, run it on your desktop. First thing first, enable the Cloud Synchronization feature on your Steam app. Now, you are all set to enjoy your favorite title on Steam.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Steam cloud sync error?
Steam Cloud Sync Error or Cloud Synchronization is a common error that appears when you have started using a Steam app on your desktop. This error occurs due to connection issues associated with cloud servers, and your device becomes unable to connect with Steam.
2. Why was Steam unable to sync your files?
The Cloud server of Steam was facing some error on their end, or you have disabled the cloud synchronization feature on your Steam app. As a result, the cloud server tries and fails to download the files. Unfortunately, this makes it impossible to get back everything you had previously played on Steam.
Read More: VORTEX MODS CANNOT BE DEPLOYED