Sometimes, you will witness that YouTube keeps switching itself to light mode. This is quite annoying. But the question is why does youtube keep switching to light mode? The causes are many. Internet connection issues, corrupted browser data, and some interfering browser extensions can be the reasons for this issue.
Now, YouTube users will be able to resolve this issue by clearing YouTube’s cache and cookies, updating the YouTube app, updating the browser, disabling browser extensions, and more.
YouTube’s dark mode is quite useful. This makes YouTube look more vibrant. Also, when you surf YouTube in dark mode, your eyes will not get tired. As a result, the dark mode enhances the pleasure of watching YouTube videos.
So, when YouTube keeps switching itself to light mode frequently, you have to do some changes to your YouTube settings. So, keep reading.
What Is The Reason For YouTube To Keep Resetting To Light Mode?
YouTube switching to light mode is quite a common issue that multiple users face almost every day. Sometimes, when YouTube switches itself to light mode from dark mode, all saved data are converted into old data. Multiple YouTube users notice this issue whenever they restart their phones, PCs, and laptops, or choose a new tab to open.
Now, as I have mentioned earlier in the introduction part of this article, there is a number of reasons for YouTube to keep switching to light mode. Here are some reasons for this issue.
1. Internet Connection Issues
If your internet connection is not stable or you have a poor internet connection, YouTube can switch itself to light mode frequently.
2. Corrupted And Outdated Browser Data
When some browser data gets corrupted, YouTube cannot keep itself to dark mode and resets to light mode. Also, if your browser gets outdated, you might face the same issue.
3. Interfering Browser Extensions
How To Fix YouTube Keeps Switching To Light Mode
You can have a number of methods to fix this issue for YouTube. Here are the ways that You may want to try.
You Will Have To Clean The Cache, Cookies, And Other Data On YouTube
If YouTube’s cache, cookies, and other data on YouTube get corrupted, YouTube will keep switching to light mode. So, you need to clean them up to get rid of this issue.
To clear YouTube’s app cache and cookies, you will need to go along with the following steps.
- First, you need to type: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar.
- After that, hit enter.
- Now, you should choose cache and cookies settings.
- After that, you will have to set the time period to “All Time”.
- Choose the Clear Now button.
- Now, log in to your YouTube account again.
Update The YouTube App
To update the YouTube app, you should do the following.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search for YouTube.
- Update the YouTube application by clicking on the Update button.
Update The Browser
As a corrupted or outdated browser can be a reason for this issue, you need to try to update your browser. Here are the steps.
- First, you should go to the 3 vertical dots to see what version of your browser is.
- Choose the Help option and go to the option About Chrome.
- If any updates of the browser are available, you will be able to see an Update button next to the 3 buttons.
Turn Off Browser Extensions
Some browser extensions can interfere with the settings of the local websites. So, the best way is to turn them off. Here are the steps.
- First, you should type the following: chrome://extensions.
- In case you see any extension that is turned on, you should immediately turn them off.
- Now check the performance of YouTube.
Turn On The Dark Mode As The Device’s Theme
Multiple apps on your device will sync with the device’s basic settings. So, if you enable the dark mode as your device’s theme and change YouTube’s settings To ‘Use Device Theme’, the issue might be resolved.
For MAC Users
- Choose System Preferences.
- Now, choose General.
- Choose Dark in the new window.
For iPhone Users
- Open settings.
- Choose Display and Brightness
- Choose Dark
Now, Set This To YouTube
- Go to your browser.
- Open the page of YouTube.
- Choose your profile picture.
- Now, choose Appearance.
- Click on the option ‘Use Device Theme’.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can you switch YouTube to Dark Mode?
First, you need to change your device’s theme to dark mode. Then go to your YouTube profile picture. After that, you will have to opt for choosing the Appearances option. At last, choose the option ‘Use Device Theme’. In this way, you will be able to switch YouTube to Dark Mode.
2. How do I set YouTube to dark mode permanently?
If you choose the theme of YouTube as the theme of your device, you will be able to set YouTube to dark mode permanently. But, before that, you need to set your device’s theme to dark mode.
3. How do I turn off YouTube’s adaptive brightness?
Here are the methods by which you will be able to turn off YouTube’s adaptive brightness.
- First, you should opt for the option “change advanced power settings.
- Go to Display.
- Turn off the option adaptive brightness.
So, these are some quite useful ways to resolve the issue: YouTube keeps switching to light mode. Also, you can see that all these methods are pretty simple to try. Now, you need to try these steps one by one as you never know which method will resolve your issues. All the best!