- You can remove Eclipse manually.
- You can remove Eclipse through system restore.
- You can uninstall Eclipse with the help of an Antivirus Program.
- Remove Eclipse through a 3rd-party uninstaller.
Eclipse is considered one of the well-known IDEs or integrated development environments. You will be able to use it when you do programming on a device. Mainly, Java is used in this programming system. However, multiple users have complained that they can’t uninstall Eclipse as they can’t see it in the interface of Programs and Features.
So, after several types of research, we have brought a solution to this issue. In this article, you will know how to uninstall Eclipse from Windows 10 and macOS. So, keep reading.
Best And Easy Methods To Uninstall Eclipse On Windows 10
You will have 4 ways you want to uninstall Eclipse on Windows 10. On Windows 10, you will not have an uninstaller for Eclipse.
Therefore, as a Windows 10 user, you need to go along with the methods mentioned below to uninstall Eclipse.
You Can Remove Eclipse Manually
Follow the steps to uninstall Eclipse manually.
- First, you should remove all shortcuts from the desktop and start the menu.
- Now, remove the installation directory.
- Remove the .p2 directory.
- After that, you have to open the C drive.
- Open the Users folder.
- Open the folder that has your name.
- Sear for the .eclipse folder and remove it.
You Can Remove Eclipse Through System Restore
If you do a System Restore, it will undo some changes and bring back the earlier state of your system. You might create a restore point before you use Eclipse.
- Make right-click on This PC.
- Select the Properties option.
- When the pop-up window appears, select the System Protection option.
- Choose the System Restore option.
- Select a restore point.
- After that, you should confirm the restoration information.
- Choose the Finish button.
You Can Uninstall Eclipse With The Help Of An Antivirus Program
Sometimes, Windows 10 users will not be able to uninstall Eclipse because of the computer itself. Some malware or harmful viruses can be the reason for this issue.
If that is the case, you will be able to ask an Antivirus Program for your rescue. The Antivirus Program will remove Eclipse from Windows 10 without getting any issues. Therefore, using an Antivirus Program is perhaps the simplest way to uninstall Eclipse from Windows 10.
Remove Eclipse Through A 3rd-Party Uninstaller
Windows 10 users will also be able to remove Eclipse with the help of a 3rd-party uninstaller. Some of these 3rd-party uninstallers are Freeware, Revo Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, etc. They are some good tools and worth recommending.
Here are the ways to use a 3rd-party uninstaller to remove Eclipse from Windows 10.
- You have to download a 3rd-party uninstaller from its official website.
- Now, you should install the uninstaller.
- At last, you will need to remove Eclipse with the help of this uninstaller.
How Can You Uninstall Eclipse On Mac?
Now, if you are a MAC user, the above-mentioned 4 steps will not work for you. On macOS, you will have to uninstall eclipse in an entirely different way.
Therefore, here is how you will be able to remove Eclipse on macOS.
- Open Applications on your macOS.
- Go to the Utility option.
- Open Activity Monitor.
- Go to the search bar and find out Eclipse.
- In the meantime, if you see any processes, you need to choose the Ouit Process button to end them.
- Launch a new Finder menu.
- Select the User home folder. You can notice it in the sidebar.
- Now, search for two directories. One is known as Eclipse. Another is called Eclipse- workspace.
- Move both two directories to Trash.
- Choose the Go menu in the Finder.
- Go to Folder.
- After that, you need to copy each location into the box that is mentioned below.
- Move those folders to Trash.
- If you see any files there that include Eclipse, you need to move them to trash also.
- At last, remove all files from the Trash.
So, you can see that Windows 10 and macOS have different methods to remove Eclipse from your device. You will have 4 ways to remove Eclipse from Windows 10, whereas, on macOS, there is only one way. But, all those methods are quite fruitful for users. They are pretty simple as well. So, if you need to remove Eclipse from Windows 10 or macOS, follow the steps discussed here. All the best!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to uninstall JRE before installing JDK?
It is not necessary to uninstall JRE before installing JDK. JDK itself includes JRE. That is why it is completely your choice. You may want to uninstall the old JRE if you want to install JDK. Maven is an entirely different thing. It is neither included in JRE nor JDK.
2. Do I need JRE for Eclipse?
Yes. you will need JRE if you want to have Eclipse. In order to run Eclipse, you will need to have a Java Development Kit (JDK) or a Java Runtime Environment (JRE). This is because Eclipse is an application, based on Java.
3. Why can’t I uninstall Java?
In case any application uses its own installer and bundles Java with it, that can’t be removed from your computer. In order to force uninstall Java, you need to-
- Go to the Start option.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Double-click on the option Add/Remove Programs.
- Go to the Install/Uninstall tab.
- Choose the version of Java that you wish to uninstall.
- Select the Add/Remove option.
- Finally, choose Yes.