To Take Apart Xbox One Controller, users need to go with some specialized tools to open it. In general, the Xbox One Controller how to take apart xbox one when we need to do some repairs. These controllers are the best option for video games but they need repairing from time to time.
So just how to take apart and disassemble an xbox one controller use some tools and make your work completed. Here in this article, you will get the complete information and the tools you need.
Product Uses In The Guide
- Flathead screwdriver
- Plastic Spurger
- Disposable Knife
- Torx Screwdriver
- Plastic Prying Tools
- Tweezers or needle nose pliers.
Reasons To Take Apart An Xbox One Controller
Your Xbox gets a lot of action and that’s why it needs to be maintained from time to time. There are some reasons why you need to take apart an Xbox One. Let us know about those reasons
1. Repair Or Replace A Button Or Thumbstick
This is one of the common reasons, that whenever we need to repair a button or thumbstick, we need to take apart the Xbox controller.
2. Check Battery Connections
If you are facing any issues while playing games then you may need to check battery connections. Yes, at that time, you need to take apart your Xbox controller for optimum results.
3. Clean Dirt
Timely maintenance also includes the cleaning of dirt that has accumulated around the controllers. It is essential to clean that dirt and for that, you need to take apart an Xbox controller.
Also Read: How Much Is A Firestick At Walmart?
How To Take Apart An Xbox One Controller
- If you are looking for how to take an Xbox Controller Apart then just follow the steps that we have given below.
- At first, make sure that you are doing this work on a plan tray so that you can prevent screws from falling.
- Now just take the pry tool from the kit and apply it between the seam on the grips.
- Then just lever the grip away from the controller. You may need to add some extra force to do it.
- You need to repeat the process for both grips.
- In the next step, just remove all the screws, and then your Xbox controller will apart very easily. Just make sure not to add adhesive pressure or else the wired connectivity of the battery to the circuit will get disturbed.
- At last, just find your T8 screwdriver and remove all the screws to finish the process.
Disassembly Of An Xbox One Controller
Before going to know how to disassemble xbox one controller, we should know about the tools we need. So we need a head screwdriver, spudger, and wire cutter. Once you have these tools, remove the battery pack with the help of a wire cutter. Then just remove the screws from the left side with the help of a head screwdriver.
Now take the spudger and pop off the clips from either side of the controller by sliding it. Then just pick up the screwdriver and remove all the screws with the corresponding clips. Once you did this, now just take both the controllers individually where the top half will come out quickly. In this way, you can easily open an Xbox Controller Apart.
Fixing The Parts
The first step to fixing the controller is to check which part is not working. So just check if the buttons are not working then you need to make sure that the button is not broken.
If the trigger of the controller is not working then you need to open the controller and have to check what is blocking them. If any of the wires are loose in the controller then you need to check it properly and have to reconnect a new wire for proper functioning.
How To Put It All Back Together
After fixing the issues, now it is time to put it all back together. Users should know that an Xbox Controller has different parts and the biggest part is the controller which includes the main buttons and joysticks as well as D-Pad. Another important part is thumb stick modules that include thumbsticks, triggers, and shoulder buttons.
In the end, you just need to plug power pack and headphone jack module. We hope that you have understood how to take apart the Xbox controller and put it all back together. Now you can save your money and time by doing it by yourself.
How Do You Take Apart An Xbox One Controller Without Tools?
- Well, it is almost impossible how to take apart a xbox one controller without tools. You will at least require a flathead screwdriver. Let us know how to do it-
- At first, just unclip the battery cover.
- Now just unscrew the screw that is behind the warning sticker.
- Then just use a prying tool or flathead screwdriver to lose the side panels but make sure not to add extra force.
- After removing both panels, the next step is to lose both screws from each side.
- The faceplate should be loose now, so just flip the controller and just lift it off.
- Now just live the analog sticks and you are done with it.
- That’s it, by following these steps, users can take apart an Xbox controller without using prior tools. But if you are required to make some repairs then you should have a tool kit for that.
Also Read: How To Unpair Firestick Remote?
Frequently Asked Questions–
Q1. How do I take apart an Xbox One controller?
Ans. To take apart an Xbox One, you must have some important tools such as a flathead screwdriver, spudger, and wire cutter. Then you can easily take apart Xbox One Controller.
Q2. How do you take apart an Xbox One controller without tools?
Ans. It is almost impossible to take apart an Xbox controller without tools, you will be required to use a flathead screwdriver that dissembles the parts and will also open five screws of the controller.
Q3. What screwdriver Do you need to open an Xbox One controller?
Ans. A Flathead screwdriver or T8 screwdriver can be the perfect option to open an Xbox One Controller.
Q4. how to disassemble xbox one controller ?
Ans. Unscrew controller back, remove battery compartment, disconnect ribbon cables, and carefully separate housing. Refer to online tutorials or manufacturer’s instructions for detailed guidance.
Q5. how to take apart xbox controller ?
Ans. Remove back screws, detach battery compartment, disconnect ribbon cables, and carefully separate housing. Follow tutorials or manufacturer’s instructions for detailed guidance to avoid damaging the controller.