If you are a pro gamer and gaming is your lifeline, then you are obviously aware of Discord- Chat for Gamers. It is an application which the developers designed to help gamers to chat with each other while they are playing online games. When you are playing online games on your computer or mobile, you, as a player can sign in to Discord and start a group chat with each other.
Press the server name above the channel list and select Server Settings. In the Overview menu, scroll down to the Inactive Channel option. From the Inactive Channel drop-down, select an existing voice channel to use as an AFK channel.
Now that you are playing online games in Discord, you must be knowing that players often have to stay away from their computers for a long time. As a result, it often ends up with creating the channel. The channel may look active but in reality, it is just full of AFK people.
Fortunately, Discord is enriched with a feature that automatically detects the players who are away from their computer for a long time. Thus, it can move the players to their own channel.
Now the question is: how to make an AFK channel in discord. Many players of Discord ask this question every day and therefore I have decided to share the process of making an AFK channel in Discord with you.
See Also: How To Connect Firestick Remote To TV Volume : Ultimate Guide
How To Set Up AFK Channel In Discord
If you really want to create an AFK channel in Discord, you have been an owner of a server. On the other hand, you have to have the privileges of the administration. If you are an admin of a server, you will be able to set up all types of channels within that particular server. Well, you see, the Discord AFK bots can warn you whenever you are away from your keyboard for a long time.
Actually, these AFK bots provide you the power to manage mentions. With AFK channels, the players in Discord are able to find out if the game is interrupted or not. However, in this section of the article, I will tell you how to make an AFK channel in Discord.
Creating AFK Channel On A Computer
If you are playing online games in Discord on a computer, you have to go along with the steps to create an AFK channel for all those players who are inactive for a long time.
- You have to select a voice channel that you want to make as an AFK channel. If you want a new channel, press on the + button in the channel list that are shown.
- Then, you must choose a ‘Voice Channel’. After that, you should give it a proper name. You have to specify it as AFK/ Inactive.
- Now go for “Create Channel”.
- Now, you must right click on the server option that you are an admin of. It is that sever which you should be creating the channel.
- You will see a drop- down menu. From there, you should select ‘Server setting’ at first, and then select ‘Overview’.
- In the second section, you will the option’ Inactive Channel’. Choose the option which you want to make as an AFK channel.
- Check out the inactive timeout value. Don’t forget to press the option ‘Save Changes’ for confirming the changes you made.
Whenever there is an inactive channel,timeout discord will notify you with a pop-up message. Thus, the players can go to the channel if they want.
Creating AFK Channel On A Mobile Device
- You need to choose a channel that you wish to make as the AFK channel.
- If you want a new channel, go to menu and select + icon from the channel list.
- You have to give a proper channel name. Go to ‘Voice Channel’ and then press the check mark at the top.
- Then, you have to select the menu again on that same server and tap the three dots.
- Now, you should select ‘Settings’ at first, then ‘Overview’.
- Once done, go for the channel that you want as inactive in the ‘Inactive Settings’. Now, you have to set the ‘Inactive Timeout’.
- Go to the floppy disc icon and select it to save the changes you have made.
- how to deafen on discord mobile
Be careful, though you are not having an AFK channel, you still can complain that discord keeps moving me to AFK. You can set the option ‘Do not Disturb’ for that.
How To Lock A Voice Channel IN Discord
- At first, you have to open you device and have to go to the server to reach the channel you want to lock.
- Next, go to the gear that is next to the selected channel.
- Now go to the Permission tab.
- Now select the @everyone role.
- You have to choose green checkmark that is next to the ‘View Channel’.
- Now, you have to disable the permissions in ‘General Channel Permissions’.
- Now, you must select the green checkmark beside the ‘Read massage History.
- Now, you should select the red colored ‘X’.
- Select save changes.
Tip: You can fix the discord auto-mute issue just by disconnecting and then reconnecting to the server.
Discord: How To Leave A Voice Channel
- You can see the below the channel names.
- Right next to the box, you can see Call Connection option.
- You have to click on that icon to leave the channel.
Tip: Worrying how to leave a discord chat? Just press shift+ click on the leave call button.
How To Move Channels On Discord In Mobile
Well, you cannot move channels in Discord. Discord doesn’t provide you this option.
Discord: Mute Text To Speech
To fix the problem:
- Go to settings.
- Select ‘Text and Images’.
- Now, you should disable ‘Allow playback and usage/ tts command.
Discord: Change Server Location- How To Do It
- You have to open Discord and go to the server.
- Then you have to select the downward arrow which is at the next to the server in the channel list.
- Then you should select Server Settings and then ‘Overview’. Now you can see the all the server settings.
- Select the server you want to change into.
- Now press Change option.
Q1. How Do I Make An Auto AFK Channel In Discord?
- First, sign in to Discord server.
- Now, choose the server from the server menu.
- Choose the option create channel.
- Now, you have to set text or voice whatever you want and give it a name.
- Now, save your new channel.
- From overview, choose new AFK in the center panel.
Q2. How Do You Go AFK In Discord?
Ans. If you want to go to AFK, you have to create an AFK channel in Discord.
Q3. How Do You Create An Inactive Channel On Discord?
- Go to Overview.
- Choose Inactive Channel.
- Choose Inactive Timeout and then you have to set AFK Timeout to the desired time.
Q4. How Does Inactive Channel Work On Discord?
Ans. An inactive channel in Discord keeps the users away who are inactive while playing the game and can’t text or chat.
Q5. how to lock a channel on discord ?
Ans.To lock a Discord channel, click the gear icon, select “Edit Channel,” go to the “Permissions” tab, revoke “Send Messages” for @everyone, and save changes.
Q6. how to timeout someone on discord ?
Ans. To timeout someone on Discord, right-click on their username, select “Mute,” choose the desired time, and click “OK.” Alternatively, use the command “/timeout [username] [duration].”
Q7. how to move channels on discord mobile ?
Ans. To move channels on Discord mobile, tap and hold the channel name until it becomes draggable, then drag it to the desired position and release. Note that you must have appropriate permissions.
You May Also Like: